Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Good Sister

This morning I woke up a 5 am to the sound of Aydri crying. We've been doing the delayed response method with her and so far its been working. She's been sleeping really well lately. We've even been experimenting with letting Kendi sleep in her own bed again with Aydri in the same room. So when Aydri started crying I wondered what Kendi was going to do. After about a minute I could hear this really sweet singing. Kendi was making up a song to sing to Aydri. She immediately settled down and went back to sleep. I couldn't believe how precious it was. Kendi is such a sweetheart to Aydri.

Also, today, Aydri has been teething worse than ever. She whines, screeches and cries incessantly. Tylenol doesn't seem to be helping. I feel bad for her, but its really wearing on me too. Kendi got mad about it at one point and I had to explain why Aydri was upset. I had gotten to the point where I just wanted to put a pillow over my head and go to sleep, but that wasn't an option, so I bundled her up and sat in the rocking chair with her. When Aydri gave up sitting in my lap I went to check on Kendi and I found her in her room asleep with the door shut. Apparently, she had had enough too.

No comments: