Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kids, Kids, Kids

There's lots of things going on with the kids. They do clever things everyday and I need to be better at writing them down.

Aydri can crawl normal now, but most of the time she prefers not too. She can pull herself up on to anything within reach and that seems to be her favorite thing to do these days. We noticed her third tooth coming in just yesterday. She is currently very congested so this had made for several miserable nights for all of us. She has been sleeping in the crib in Kendi's room. Kendi loves this and normally Aydri sleeps really well in the crib. She says Dada now as well as Mama and sometimes it sounds like she says Kendi too. She has a lot of personality and has become very vocal in the last few weeks. Another loud person to compete with in the house. Her little antics make us laugh.

Kendi is a little sweetheart. I've been reading a book about positive parenting and it has helped us get along very well. She has always been a sweetheart, but she has a stubborn streak and has always been a fit thrower. Since I've been reading this positive parenting book I haven't had to put in time out anymore. In fact I think time out is silly now. It never worked long term and it wasn't always an option. Thanks to Jana for getting me this book.

About a week and a half ago we went to Monroe for a boutique show to sell art. It was a great experience and we got to see a lot of my family that lives in that area. As we were cleaning up, Kendi came showed up with my cousins that are around her age. Kendi noticed a lady that was dressed up as Mrs. Claus. Kendi followed her around for a few minutes until Mrs. Claus noticed her. Kendi gave her a big hug and told her that she wanted a scooter and barbies for Christmas. It was adorable, I wish I had my camera permanently attached to me for moments like that.

I love my girls so much. Its so much more fun to relive the wonders of Christmas through the eyes of your kids. I would say its even more fun than when I was a kid myself.

No comments: