Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sunday, December 13

I hate how busy this time of year is. This is the time of year when I especially want things to slow down. I've decided to keep a short daily journal for at least one week of every month. I want to remember the simple everyday things we do as well as the big events.

This Sunday our whole family woke up sick. Aydri has had a stuffy nose for a few days now and the rest of us finally came down with it. Jared had to cancel on his missionary meeting and I had to find a substitute for the nursery class that I was supposed to substitute. Why doesn't anyone answer their phones on Sunday? Without going to church our Sunday felt extremely long. We figured that we had already exposed my family to the sickness so we went over there to play our traditional game of Settlers. When we got there my Aunt Bonnie was there. It was fun to visit with her. Then her daughter, my cousin Trish, showed up with her boyfriend, Kade. We found out that Kade is going to school at the Southwest Tech Center and works in a garage that will fix your car for free. They just happened to be working on things that our needs right now. What a blessing.

We went home early and went to bed. We were all tire from being sick and being up all night with Aydri.

No comments: