Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tuesday, December 15th

Tuesday was a pretty typical weekday for us. Jared went to work early so he could come by 3 pm. I love it when he is able to do this. Three is about the time I start getting worn out and less patient. While Jared was at work, Kendi and I did dishes, folded towels, worked on Christmas presents and tried to clean the kitchen before we started making more snowy popcorn. Kendi got so whiny that I had to put her down for a nap. I wanted to get the bathrooms cleaned, but I couldn't get the kids to sleep at the same time. Kendi is usually really good at helping me with housework, but we just didn't get them done before Jared came home. Aydri played really well and I had to rock her to sleep before she would take any naps. Her teething and stuffy nose have made it hard for her to get to sleep and we are creating more bad habits. I feel like with some things you just have to do what you need to in order to get by. Especially with babies. I actually enjoy rocking her to sleep. We get to snuggle and there doesn't seem to be anything more satisfying than a baby falling asleep in your arms.

When Jared got home, the plan was to take the Expedition to the Southwest Tech garage to get the brakes done and have the O2 sensors looked at and then clean our car. Jared had been on the phone with his distributor and found out some good news concerning Deseret Book. This was a huge relief as we have not had the sales we were used when we sold the artwork ourselves. When Jared went to start the Expedition the battery was dead. We decided that since our car battery was struggling as well we would barrow a battery charger to charge them both that night (although we later forgot). *Sigh* We still wanted to clean our car so we took the kids to my parents. My mom wasn't there right away so we hung out with Cari for a little bit. Aydri just loves Cari and was being funny with her. She would lay on Cari's lap while she chewed on her sippy cup. Cari would sit her up and she would fall back in her lap. After several times of doing this we realized that Aydri was doing it on purpose, like it was a game. She's so funny.

When my mom got home we left the kids to go clean the car. I had noticed that our car seems to be getting smelly with age. Or maybe its because Jared and his buddies take it to play basketball. Whatever the reason, I had recently noticed an old stinky boy smell which means that it must be bad if the owner can smell it. I was determined to get the whole thing shampooed. We drove around and coudn't find any shampoo machines that still worked. So just went to Jared's parents house to vacuum and spray it down. I think I'll look into making some air fresheners.

We went back to my parents house, ate dinner and played Settlers (I know, again). Jared won. We watched NCIS while Aydri took a nap. When Aydri woke up we went up to Jared's parent's house to watch SYTYCD. This is a tradition of ours. It was the finaly. The missionaries called just as we started watching. One of them is Filipino and wanted to talk to Jared in Tagalog before he went home. They also wanted Jared to draw something for their Zone Conference. Somehow we ended up staying very late and we got very tired. Aydri fell asleep on the way home and didn't even wake up when I took her clothes off.

No comments: