Sunday, October 24, 2010

Update

There's no way I'm going to catch up with everything that I should be writing about so I won't even try. Here's the things I love about my kids lately.

Kendi has so much personality and she is getting so grown up. It almost scares me how independent she is. I love spending time with her and try to take her with me somewhere everyday just because of how much fun we have. Lately, she has been coloring a lot for the local coloring contests. She has entered seven so far and is still coloring everyday to enter more. She loves it. She loves her preschool group. She is good at writing all the letters and numbers and doing all the activities. She is really outgoing and loves to get involved in whatever is going on. We are living with my parents while the house is being built and there aren't a lot of kids here. She made friends with the seventy something year old man next door. She talks to him for hours. Recently, Jared and I took her to St. George with us to check out some furniture sales. She loves chinese food and we wanted to go somewhere fun so we took her to Mongolian BBQ. She loved picking out items to put in her bowl, but she was so hungry that she grabbed it while I was filling my bowl. I lost her for a minute. I found her sitting at an empty, dirty table eating her raw noodles with her fingers. I had to convince her to come back and add sauce and have it cooked. She smiled at the guy that cooked her noodles and he was friendly back. They made her some spring loaded chop sticks and she ate with them the whole time. She had a blast.

Aydri is growing up so fast that I can't get things written down before she into something new. I just decided to sit down and write whatever I can remember. She is talking and communicating a lot lately. Her words aren't exactly clear, but her cute little voice is so sweet. She loves to give squeezes and kisses. She likes to play high five games and sing itsy bitsy spider. She knows when she is tired and last night she asked me to go "night night." I was surprised and didn't think that was really what she meant, but she led me to her bed and went to sleep. Just now, she fell asleep next to me on my bed. She has gotten tall like her sister and is predicted to be 5' 7.5". She copies phrases that her sister says like, "mama, mama, mama" and "daddy, daddy, ummm." She likes to sit on top of whatever I'm trying to do.

We sure love our kids.

No comments: