Tuesday, June 7, 2011

To My Kendi and My Aydri

You two are the funnest girls in the whole wide world. I love how you fill our house with giggles, squeals, and excitement. When you're playing together it makes everything feel so right. I love how Kendi is so sweet to Aydri and Aydri feels loved and taken care of by her big sister. Aydri is so eager to return that love.

Kendi, you are so full of life. You help me be the adventurous person I always wanted to be. My life never felt so fulfilling until after you came along. You are unbelievably smart and talented. You excel at everything you set your mind to. You have wonderful ideas and come up with creative things to surprise us with all the time. Lately, you've been testing your hand at cooking in the kitchen during quiet time when I'm resting. It's funny to see what you've come up with everyday when I get up. I can't wait to be your mentor and have many great experiences and discoveries. I think that the both of us will learn a great deal together.

Aydri, you make me smile every moment of your life. All your little antics and mannerisms are so cute. The way you run with a bounce in your step and ask questions in your high tone. If I'm ever stern with you, you say so sweetly, "Sorry, mommy." Despite the handful you can be sometimes, no one can ever stay mad at you. You have an energy for life that no one can keep up with. You love to run and play and sing and dance. You seem to have no fear. And then you can turn into the cuddliest little sweetheart at the drop of a hat. I hope we always have that closeness.

I love you both so much and hope to be able to provide you with everything you need. Love, mom.

No comments: